- South Woods Middle School
We have reached the midpoint of our school year! Third quarter begins today, and we are looking forward to many special events.
Here are just a few important announcements:
• It’s not too late to sign up! The Guidance Department will be hosting a virtual Parent "Coffee Club" this year on February 1st. Please see sign up information in the flier.
•Optional virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences will be offered on February 8th from 5:00-7:00 PM and February 16th from 5:00-8:00 PM. These conference sessions are reserved for those parents wishing to meet with individual teachers regarding any concerns about their child’s progress. There is no expectation that parents book conferences with every teacher. Please use the second marking period report card as your guide. The window for conference appointment booking is now open. Please visit Teacher Reacher for conference booking.
• Ninth grade programming is underway. All 8th graders will be meeting with Ms. Carleo during the next six weeks in order to create their high school schedule. Please check the Campus Portal for your child’s HS Course Registration. Should you need to make any changes, please use the SW 9th Grade 23-24 Change of Placement form.
• P.S. I Love You Day is Friday, February 10th, and our Advisory Council asks that everyone wear purple to foster kindness and a welcoming environment. This year’s theme is “Love All Your Chapters, which reminds us that each moment in life creates our story. Cherish each moment because these moments are what make you stronger. Always remember: the next chapter is blank. You have the power to make it YOURS.”\
• The energy is building for Spirit Week! From February 13th to February 17th we have lots of fun and interactive activities planned to encourage student engagement in school and from home. Most activities will take place during Advisory and Lunch & Learn. We look forward to student and teacher competitions, trivia games, a door-decorating contest, and lots more surprises! For more details, check out the Spirit Squad link on our school website.
• Schools will be closed for President’s Week, February 20th – February 24th.
• We will celebrate Multicultural Week March 20th - 24th, with activities planned for Advisory and Social Studies classes. We are most excited to host our very special Multicultural Expo on March 20th and look forward to community-wide participation!
• Please see the South Woods PTSA Information link on our school website for more information about all of the amazing activities sponsored by our PTSA. It’s never too late to become a member! Membership is the primary source of funding for so many of our assemblies and enriching opportunities provided to our students. We are always grateful to the PTSA for their support!
• Commemorate your school year with a 2023 SW Yearbook! Yearbook Ordering Information is now available on the South Woods Home Page. Special Ads must be completed by April 26, 2023.
• Dismissal Reminder: Please be reminded that student pickup by car at dismissal must take place on the school campus. In the interest of safety, students will not be permitted to walk to waiting cars in the neighborhood surrounding South Woods.
Wishing you a fabulous February! Warmly, Michelle L. Burget