Syosset Council of PTAs
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, spiritual, and social education.
- Every child deserves to have his/her basic needs met.
- Every child deserves a quality education.
- Education should be designed to meet every child's individual needs.
- Public education is the most appropriate forum to prepare children for life in a democratic society.
- Every child deserves our continued commitment to advocacy.
- PTA should take the lead in parent involvement by training parents to be partners in education.
- We are responsible for identifying, understanding, and meeting the needs of our diverse membership.
- Educators are an integral part of our organization.
- Education and leadership training and self-evaluation are essential at all levels.
- Programs and materials should be provided to enhance parenting skills.
- Taking risks leads to growth.
Roll of Syosset Council of PTAs:
The Council's main purpose is to promote the welfare of children and youth. Its role is to inform, advise, guide, instruct, and encourage the leaders of local units and to be responsive to their needs for conferences, leadership training and coordination of efforts of the member PTAs. Its primary purposes are to (see Bylaws Article V Section 10):
- Unify and strengthen member PTAs.
- Provide for the conference and cooperation of the local PTAs/PTSAs in the Council membership so as to create a public opinion favorable to the interest of child welfare.
- Encourage child welfare projects in the various local units.
- In cooperation with the district, assist in the formation of new PTAs according to the procedures of the New York State PTA.
- Promote the interests of the National PTA and the New York State PTA within its territory.