Bus route information, including route number, pick up and drop off time, and location is now available in the parent portal, Infinite Campus. From the menu on the left-hand side, choose More and then Transportation. Postcards with this information will no longer be mailed home.
Please remember stop times are estimated. Please be at your stop 5 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time.
If you do not have a Parent Portal account, please contact the main office of your child's school. If you have difficulty accessing an existing account, please access the Parent Portal Help Link: https://forms.office.com/r/xy42TXqD3c
Please review the following transportation health and safety protocols to be in place this school year:
- All individuals will be required to wear masks on buses.
- Per the NYS Education Department guidance, we will return to normal bus routing and seating.
- Bus ventilation will be improved by opening windows a safe amount and by operating the roof hatches and the integrated exhaust fans.
- A student may only ride on their assigned bus. We cannot accommodate students going home with a friend at this time.
- Except for emergency situations, students should maintain the same mode of transportation for the year as schools cannot accommodate daily modifications to transportation schedules.
- Arrival/dismissal procedures may be staggered so that students can enter the buildings safely.
- The early morning bus at the elementary level is not scheduled for the fall.
- We anticipate that even with normal-density routing, protocols may result in longer route times.
Thank you for your cooperation with these protocols designed to keep our community safe. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Transportation office.
Important Contact Information for Transportation:
Syosset Transportation Office: 516-364-5840, Transportation@syossetschools.org
Huntington Coach Buses: 631-271-8995
Huntington Coach Vans: 631-271-7225