Please click here to view a one-page document outlining our mask protocols.
All students and staff will be required to wear masks. The District has and will maintain an inventory of face masks for students, staff, and visitors that arrive without one. Face masks are required all times, except for meals. During instruction, the District will allow time for brief (less than 8 minute) “mask breaks” for students when they can maintain physical distance, such as times when there is three feet between individuals.
To maximize the safety of students and staff, we will initially reopen with this conservative mask protocol. The mask policy will be reevaluated on 30-day intervals based on events and any updates to CDC or NYSDOH guidance.
image source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) maintains that one of the best ways to protect yourself against the virus is to wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Students and staff will be trained on proper hand-washing techniques.
- Handwashing breaks are built into the school day.
- Touch-free paper towel and soap dispensers installed in all restrooms.
- Touch-free faucets, paper towels, and soap dispensers have been installed in the newly renovated bathrooms.
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers available in every classroom.
- Portable handwashing stations have been deployed at all schools.
- Practice of “no sharing” of personal items has been implemented throughout the school community.
Cover coughs and sneezes
- Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow and do not spit.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Monitor Your Health Daily
- Be alert for symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Take your temperature daily. Don’t take your temperature within 30 minutes of exercising or after taking medications that could lower your temperature, like acetaminophen.
For additional information on COVID-19 symptoms and how to protect yourself and others, please visit the CDC website.