Residency Re-verification Process
The Board of Education has approved and established a Residency Re-verification Policy that requires parents and guardians of students in the 5th and 8th grades to re-verify their residency with the School District. This policy was adopted to ensure that students attending the Syosset Central School District are currently residing within the District borders. If you are a parent or guardian of a student in grade 5 or 8 during the 2019-2020 school year, you are required to complete the two-part Residency Re-verification Process.
*If you have registered or re-verified your residency within the past 18 months (after January 2018) it is not necessary to re-verify at this time.
Any questions regarding your Parent Portal login can be answered by the main office of your student’s school or by the District Information Technology Office. Please contact the Registrar’s Office at (516) 364-5669 with any questions or concerns related to the reverification process. If you are planning to move in or out of district, or planning to enroll a child in private school, please contact the Registrar’s Office directly.
Steps for Completing the Residency Re-verification Process:
1. Log into your Parent Portal account. Please click here to access the Parent Portal.
2. Choose RESIDENCY VERIFICATION in the lower-left navigation menu.
3. Choose the option button on the left side of the screen to Re-Verify Residency. If the screen below does not appear, check the upper-right corner of your screen and make sure to allow pop-ups from this site. Click the grey button on the bottom to Re-Verify Residency.
4. Your student's information will appear in the green space. Application Year should indicate 19-20. Choose the BEGIN APPLICATION button.
5. Select the language you want to use to complete the application (English, Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Urdu).
6. Type your name in the box and use your mouse (or your finger for touch-screens) to sign on the line. Then click the Submit button. Please note: This screen will only appear one time - when you start an application. If you return to a saved application, you will not have to sign here again.
7. Scroll through the instructions and click Begin (or Return to) Application.
8. Use the Next button to proceed through the screens. When you reach the bottom, use the Save/Continue button to go to the next section.
9. When you reach the end of the application, remember to:
- Write down your Application Number.
- Submit your application.
- Print or save a PDF copy of your application.
- Make an appointment with the District Registrar using the link provided on the Confirmation page.