Technology Workgroup 2014 - 2015 School Year
In the 2014-15 school year the workgroup was engaged in the following activities:
- Team Site Visits to other districts and institutions.
- Reviewing technology vision development and implementation plans from other school districts locally and nationally.
- A survey was developed, administered, and presented to teachers.
- Members attended conferences & presentations with leaders in education technology as well as other industries. (Google Apps, NY Technology Summit, Intel, Apple).
- Creating a repository of shared information on Google Docs.
- Based on the research, site visits and review of best practices, members of the technology workgroup were asked to submit proposals for pilot projects to be implemented in the 2015-16 school year. The intent of the pilot projects is to guide us toward a more refined technology vision for Syosset.