A two-hour delay may be implemented to provide crews with additional time to prepare roadways and facilities for student arrival. Weather and road conditions will be monitored closely during the delay to determine if a closure is necessary.
Please continue to monitor the District website and be alert for additional communications throughout the morning. If weather conditions deteriorate and/or if the roads are not adequately cleared in the time frame anticipated, it may be necessary to close schools for the day. In these instances, a decision to close may be determined as late as 8:00 a.m. School will be in session only if the bus drivers can safely transport students.
In the event of a two-hour delay, please note the following:
- Morning SCOPE is canceled. Afternoon SCOPE will continue as scheduled.
- Before school activities are canceled.
- Buses will operate on a 2 hour delay in the morning only. Bus pick-up time will be approximately 2 hours after the normally scheduled pick-up time.
- Afternoon drop-off time will not change.
- Afternoon and evening activities will continue as planned unless otherwise indicated