School Budget and Trustee Vote – Tuesday, May 17, 2016
The polls will be open 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
The links below will take you to web pages that contain information pertinent to our forthcoming school budget and trustee vote on Tuesday, May 17, 2016.
- Voting Locations – The three sites are Robbins Lane Elementary School, H.B. Thompson Middle School and Syosset High School. Click HERE to find out where you vote based on where you live, and to see a MAP of the election districts and polling places. If you are unsure of your home elementary school, the link to the School Address Lookup can be found here.
- Voter Registration Information – Click HERE to learn what you need to know to ensure that you are registered to vote in the May 17, 2016 school budget and trustee vote.
- Absentee Ballots – What if I will be away on voting day – on vacation, away at college, or away for any other reason? What if I’m ill/disabled, and cannot get to my polling place? Can I still vote? Yes, you can! Click HERE to be able to download an application for an absentee ballot, and learn all about the absentee ballot process.
- Nominating Petitions – What if I want to run for election to the Board of Education? Click HERE to learn all you need to know about the process for receiving and using nominating petitions, and for other information regarding the regulations and laws involved in becoming a candidate for the school board.
- The School Budget Itself – The 2015-16 budget is available for your review. The link to the 2015-16 budget can be found here.